Sunday, June 24, 2012

Midsummer night's dream

Back home in Turku! The trip was successful and I had so much fun with my family and friends! Sooo,  idk if any of y'all know what the heck I'm talking about when I say that we celebrate midsummer...

Midsummer day simply refers to the period of time centered upon the summer solstice, but more often refers to specific European celebrations that accompany the actual solstice, or that take place on a day between June 21 and June 24, and the preceding evening. The exact dates vary between different cultures. Midsummer is especially important in the cultures of Scandinavia, Estonia and Latvia where it is the most celebrated holiday apart from Christmas.
stolen from wikipedia! 

The myth says that midsummer has magic in the air.... One of the many things young (love crazy) girls do is to find 6 different kinds of wildflowers and put them underneath your pillow. When you do this, you're supposed to have a dream about the man you're going to marry in the future. This has never worked for me..... or I hope it doesn't unless I'm going to marry a guy I truly do NOT want to marry.

my 6 flowers

This week is going to be less work and more fun! Except that on Wednesday we have to go back to Aland for my grandfathers 80th birthday! I've missed him though so I guess it's worth the trip! 
Here's some more pictures from Aland, the pictures of me are taken by my brother and yes I'm positively surprised over how good they turned out! 








No comments: