Sunday, December 2, 2012

NAKED TRUTH



A lot of people in the blog world have posted pictures about themselves "naked", without any makeup, looking the way they really are. I thought it was a cool idea, so I decided to do it as well.

I used to never wear makeup, my face has always been really clear, a few pimples every now and then, but lately my stress levels have been so high that it has caused my face to break out. That makes me insecure because the clear face I had, used to be the best feature I own.. in my opinion. Now I use makeup to cover up, not only the pimples, but my insecurity. I don't want to show people how stressed out I am, how much I hate the fact that my skin isn't clear anymore.
People should dare to be without makeup, I mean we're all born the way we are and we're all beautiful in one way or another. People shouldn't make you feel like you need to do something or be someone in order to be liked. A lot of people think I'm confident, because I look tough on the outside, when the reality is that it's just my way to try to make people not say mean things to me. It's easier to not open up to people because you might get hurt when you do. It's easier to think the worst of yourself because when you fail it won't hurt as much.
Just wanted to share something personal with y'all. I'm thankful to have such an amazing family and friends to keep me confident to be myself even though it doesn't always help me to not see the worst in myself, so I wanted to thank everyone who had to deal with me last week. I wasn't in the best moods... especially at basketball practice. LOVE Y'ALL!

No comments: