Tuesday, February 18, 2014

“Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”

- A.A. Milne

Happy birthday Elli!! 



Today one of my best friends turns 18, and finally becomes an adult. Well at least according to our law. I don't know how much of an adult she really is (haha). And since she's one of the most amazing persons I know I thought I'd make her this very own post because I feel like this would be too much to write on someone's Facebook wall. 



I've only known Elli for a little over a year, but we just clicked. She moved from a small town to come and play basketball here in Turku. She's one of the strongest persons I know! Both physically and mentally. I mean to live all by yourself at the age of 16 is crazy. That's sorta how we became close, since I ended up staying at her house a lot. She always makes me watch horror movies and laughs at me for being so scared. 


The best thing about her though is that she makes me laugh. Literally if I'm crying she'll put a smile on my face and she isn't afraid to be honest with me, and that is rare. Most people are scared of my reaction and stay quiet, but not Elli! 
We haven't hung out that much this year since I haven't been playing basketball, and she has. It's just hard to make time when she's always at practice and I'm working, preparing for finals and all that. It sucks, but I know she's there for me if I need her and she knows I'm here if she needs me. She's definitely the little sister I never had, or a very tall little sister might be the more appropriate wording. 


Thanks for always being there for me. You're the best! I hope you have an AMAZING birthday and be ready for a date night with me consisting of sushi, ben&jerry's and a horror movie (eww). 
Love you, you da best! 

P.S. Appreciate the sappy post. It's very rare to get one from me. I think I'm just feeling a bit emotional at the moment and this is what came out of it.  AND the fact that studying for finals is not going anywhere. 

No comments: