Saturday, July 12, 2014

"Okay"


“The world," he said, "is not a wish-granting factory.” 


A book (and movie) that is incredibly funny, yet heartbreakingly sad.
Cancer is sad. It might prepare you for someone's death, but it also makes you see the person you care about wither away. That was what made the movie so sad, remembering people you cared about that fought against the evil that cancer is, and lost.
How is it that people keep developing new phones and more nature friendly cars, but they can't seem to find a cure for cancer. I mean what's the point if you can't win.
Some do of course and some will continue to beat it, but then there are those who lost and will lose the battle, It makes me kinda sad, like the movie made me feel tonight. I think the whole movie theater was sad. You could hear people sniffing and crying and it just reminded me of how something like this affects everyone. It is sad. And that is what makes me love The Fault in Our Stars. The way John Green makes me laugh while I'm crying and still manages to write an honest book about two kids that fall in love even though they know they aren't going to live. I mean if that isn't supposed to kick you in the butt and tell you to go live your life then I don't know what will. I know it's a book, but a book is pretty much the same thing as if someone real told you to do the same thing, just better worded.

Words are beautiful. For me words are a better way to express the complexity of feelings I have on paper, instead of saying them, which often results in too strong opinions and misplaced words that end up offending and hurting others. Sometimes they give people hope and even joy, but when I want a point to come across it's easier to put it in writing, where there will be a bigger chance of not screwing up and getting people mad.
I love to write, and I think I always have. It doesn't really matter what I'm writing about, words just seem to form themselves on their own. I have a lot of opinions... I think that is partially the reason why I've been struggling so much to be consistent with this blog. I just don't have that many meaningful things to write about, and for me, that is what makes blogging important. I like writing about small everyday things. but this is what I truly enjoy doing.

From here on out I'm trying out this thing my friend Hillary did. She used to write every Sunday, once a week, and I think that I'm going to do the same, for now at least. 
It might be about my week in general or it might be a particular topic, but on Sunday's there will be a new post to read. If you feel like reading, since this is mostly me just rambling on. If I feel like writing more often, I will. 
Since it's still Saturday, I'll write my first official Sunday post tomorrow. 

Please read The Fault in our Stars, it is an extraordinary book. It made me think about how to life my life to the fullest and it made me realize that I might not get to wish everything I want in life, but I get to work towards my wishes and maybe someday be close enough to reach them and even if I don't I will have learned something on the way and that is a price in itself.

No comments: