Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Do not have the time to be sick

10 days to go…

I don't know how many times I've answered the questions "When are you leaving?", "Are you really going alone?", "How are you going to survive" and "Aren't you scared?"…
I'll be leaving in 10 days.
I am really going solo, no friends, definitely no boyfriend, and also, no family. I'm going to survive by being myself and just taking things as they come. I wanted to make this trip alone partially because I need to be able to take a chill pill and just let things ride.
I've saved up enough money to do this trip and I wouldn't have gone, if I wasn't sure I would survive! If something were to happen, or the money did, by some abnormal reason, not be enough, I do have a family that is ready to help me, if it comes to that.
So I guess to the "Are you really going alone" - question there is two possible answers:
I am and I am not.
There might not be anyone there in flesh with me, but I know there is a bunch of people supporting me from back home, and for that I am grateful.
I am not scared per say, but of course I get moments where I doubt myself. Mostly my scares involve questions about the fact of being totally alone for the whole 3 months.. and not getting any friends. Yes, I know I won't have a problem with that part, but it's the OCD coming out in me.

Babe
 I pretty much have everything figured out. I even went to the optician today to check my eyesight just in case. Fortunately my eyesight is the same, if not even better in the right eye, so I'm super pumped!! I've been waiting for my eyesight to stop getting worse because if it continues being the same, I can start saving money for laser surgery, and hopefully be rid of contact lenses and finally see something without assistance!!

I still have some errands to run this week, mostly buying Christmas presents and sending them to the States before I leave. Unfortunately? I don't know if I should call myself lucky or unlucky, but it's proven to be quite difficult to run these errands this week, since I have to work everyday except Saturday. On Friday I'll work a whole 12 hours, running from a shift at my home gym, to help out at another afterwards.
Oh well, more money for scuba diving and other fun activities.

I wasn't as awful as I had assumed I would be. I mean two hole-in-one's!!
I don't know if it's some kind of cosmic fate, or what it is, but somehow I always manage to get sick before my trips abroad. I was super sick when I flew to TX to start my exchange year, and I was super sick flying back home from my visit back home 2 this year…. I just don't want to be sick on this one because I know I'll be exhausted as it is…  and I have school on Monday on the 24th.

Inserting two pictures from our mini golfing session last Thursday night with my gals. Julia flew to France two days ago to be an au-pair for a year. She already informed us that the kids were cute and that the weather was nice and mild. I'm so happy she's following her dreams because that is definitely what you are supposed to do.

"I'd rather have a life of 'oh wells' than a life of 'what ifs'." 

No comments: