Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Photographs

I had a hard time falling asleep last nigh, so I ended up scrolling through old pictures of me on Facebook. Talk about feeling nostalgic! 
I have to say that looking through all of those pictures made me realize that I've been able to see a lot these past 20 years, and the biggest thanks goes out to my parents, for wanting me to know that there is a world outside Finland as well. This is something I hope I will be able to do with my kids, when the time comes. I mean, I don't know many kids that have had the chance to travel as much as I have, and even if they did, they weren't necessarily raised in a way that made them want to spread out their wings to see what the world has to offer.
I do not judge, but I do not always understand why you wouldn't want to explore. Still, everyone has the right to do what they feel like doing, and traveling is definitely the thing that makes me happy.

Here is a blast from the past (warning y'all though, there's a ton of them):

February 2009
August 2011 
May 2012

September? 2011
October? 2011

Hawaii, February 2012
LA, March 2012 
Rhodes, August 2012 
August/September 2011
July 2013
Barcelona, April 2010
January 2008 
Athens, May 2011
February 2007 or 2006
Gosh I love old photographs. I think it's partially once of the reasons why I love taking them. I don't really care about taking pictures of myself posing in different outfits or taking a bunch of selfies because when I'm old, I don't want to be looking at a ton of pictures of me looking "good"... I want to see laughter, even if you get a double chin, or I want to see tears because they meant something.
For me it is important to have these pictures because they remind me of all the fun times I have had and of all the fun times I will have.
 to all the people in these pictures, and the ones behind the camera!! And for those of you that might not be in these, I promise you, I have just as many, cherished pictures with y'all too.




No comments: