Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Cairns

Cairns is unbelievable! The people here are so much fun and the place is big enough to get lost in, but still not anything major. I have two more days and then I'm heading to Airlie Beach and Whitsunday islands.

Monday was Australia Day. The Australian girls I roomed with told me that it pretty much is a day where they celebrate Captain Cook landing on the Australian soil, and with their words - ruined Australia. Lol. They were joking of course. 
The day pretty much consisted of drinking and having a good time with friends, while you're wearing a lot of Aussie stuff and kid's tattoos. I was going diving the next day, so I stopped drinking at 4PM.
I had so much fun, and as a huge America fan, I'm even more excited to experience the 4th of July.


Yesterday I went for a diving and snorkelling trip with two other Finnish girls from Jyvaskyla, which is kinda funny since that's where my Mom is from. The world seems so small sometimes! 
We woke up early in the morning to drive to Port Douglas where our ship was leaving from. Then we drove to 3 different reefs for some snorkelling and diving. The diving definitely made my trip! At first I was freaking out about not being able to do it, but it really wasn't that hard at all. And man did you see some beautiful things down there. Everything from nemo, to huge finger eating shells, starfish,, everything imaginable! It was pretty much like the movie Finding Nemo. I saw all but Dory, but since she's lost anyway, I guess it's alright. 




No comments: