Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Last Perth post

Heyaaaaa!

I had an amazing 11 days in Perth, and mostly it was because of Sue and her wonderful family!
I got to sleep in an actual bed and cook my own food without having 20 other people trying to do it at the same time. I also got to meet some amazing people and finally speak nothing but English. My American accent is as strong as ever and the only things I've managed to get stuck on me from the Aussie accent is "heaps" and "no worries".




I liked Perth as a city. It wasn't as busy and hectic as Melbourne and Sydney, and the beaches were amazing!! So if you're a beach bum like me, you should most definitely hit up Perth. The shopping is more expensive, but the prices on food is okay. I spent more than I had intended in Perth, but I got to live for free, so it's fine. 



The easiest way to get around Perth is by driving. They do have public transport, but some of the places we went to definitely required a car. I also got to experience my first drive on the wrong side of the road, and it was terrifying.



Perth had some cute places to do tourist-y stuff at, but nothing like the bigger places. I was personally tired of all that and just wanted to have a chill vacay with my friend, which definitely happened.




Thank you Sue for being my first Australian friend! I'm so happy to have you! We finish each others sandwiches and what-not. I'm going to miss you so much going back home and while travelling around down under.



No comments: