Friday, August 15, 2014

"Pay attention to where you are going because without meaning you might get nowhere.”

-A.A.Milne

Tonight I had to say bye to one of my best friends. Sofie got accepted into a school in Norway and tomorrow is the day she is really moving there and leaving Finland behind. I feel so extremely weird and kinda empty. I was certain I was going to ball my eyes out when I hugged her goodbye, but I didn't. It just doesn't feel like she's really going. It's like she's coming back in a few weeks, but she's not, and so it hit me on the way back home that she won't be here.
I can't go and workout with her, I can't go and just drive to her house and sit in their kitchen eating cheese and crackers, and I can't just see her whenever I want, but also it doesn't make me too sad because I know she will be experiencing new and hopefully amazing things, and get to know new people. And I also know she'll always be there, no matter what.


Sofie, I know you're sad that you're leaving, but I know that you will do great because there isn't one person out there who could not like you (and if there is, let me know and I'll come right away and kick their behinds). Things might be hard at first, but they will only get better. Things have a way of working out, not all things, but things like these do happen for a reason. I'm so extremely proud of you for having the guts to make this change in your life and just that makes me confident in knowing that you will be great in whatever you choose to do. You're one of the best people I know, and I'm so blessed to have you in my life and to be able to call you my friend. I love you and I'll miss you more than you know. You can call me anytime you need, and anytime you want, and that's a big deal because I'm usually not available at nights, but for you I will make the exception. 

“If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.” 
― A.A. Milne


I thought I would be good with the whole saying goodbye thing, but I kinda suck at it. I just tend to make it as short as possible, so that I won't have the time to start crying, which doesn't exactly work out the way I want,  since I'm crying right now.
The worst thing about saying goodbye is the fact that it makes you miss all the other important people in your life as well. So to all you people out there that have a place in my heart: I miss you guys.

Also to my Norwegian friends (Sofie included now), I'm definitely coming for a visit! And to the person that commented in the previous post, I'll make a post about it probably sometime next week!!
Also, I'm sorry about the fact that this post is so disorganized and extremely bad written, I just can't focus on my grammar right now. There are too many feelings involved.

Here's your Sunday post Tofsvipan! I love, love, love you!! 

No comments: