Saturday, December 20, 2014

Surfing

G'day mates!

Since I've been so busy I haven't had the time to blog about our surfing trip two weeks ago. I'll mostly just put up pictures because they're pretty cool, but the thing I found most strange was the fact that I got such different orders on what to do than the ones I got when I was surfing in Hawaii.




Anyways, we went to this beach that was in the middle of nowhere, or at least it felt like it was. The sun was shining, so we were all really excited about the upcoming day. 
When we got to the beach we had to carry our boards all the way to the end of the beach, and it was awful. I have such short arms that it was painful to carry the surdboard, and it didn't even have one of those handles were you can grab it. 
The surfing itself went a lot better in Hawaii. I only stood up once and even then the technique was way off. 
After a couple of hours of surfing we had barbeque for lunch, and after that some more surfing. However, the weather had slowly gone worse, and I felt as if the waves were getting way too big for my skills to surf, so I just hung out by the shore taking pictures. 






Anyways, we went to this beach that was in the middle of nowhere, or at least it felt like it was. The sun was shining, so we were all really excited about the upcoming day.
When we got to the beach we had to carry our boards all the way to the end of the beach, and it was awful. I have such short arms that it was painful to carry the surdboard, and it didn't even have one of those handles were you can grab it.
The surfing itself went a lot better in Hawaii. I only stood up once and even then the technique was way off.
After a couple of hours of surfing we had barbeque for lunch, and after that some more surfing. However, the weather had slowly gone worse, and I felt as if the waves were getting way too big for my skills to surf, so I just hung out by the shore taking pictures.

I love surfing, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I had in Hawaii. I was still pretty sick, so that might have had something to do with it. When I get up to the East coast I'll probably take some surfing lessons and learn it properly.

No comments: