Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Couchsurfing

So I decided, since I'm doing the whole backpacking trip, that I also need to experience the thing that is couchsurfing. 
Basically it's a site on the internet where you can find a couch to crash on for a couple of nights 
I decided that Brisbane would be as good of a place as any to try it and contacted Pascale through the site and asked if I could stay with her for a couple of nights. 
First I was sceptical, but my cousin and friend were right! It's so much fun and a good way to meet locals. Pascale is from Germany, but has been living in both NZ and OZ, for a long time. 
I've had so much fun with her showing me around the city, watching movies and TV-shows and just chilling.
So, so far couchsurfing has been a positive experience and I'm happy I decided to do it and sad to be leaving tomorrow. Hopefully my other two hosts will be as nice as Pascale. 







No comments: