Saturday, February 14, 2015

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

So the other day Pascale took me to the Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane. If you ever find yourselves in Brisbane, I highly recommend doing this! It's kinda pricey, I guess? But so worth it!! And it's in Brisbane, so from Indooroopilly where I was staying, it only took like 15 minutes by bus to get there.

I'm going to let the pictures speak for themselves. Get ready, they are pretty awesome! I even tried photographing the most of the animals manually, so it was heaps of fun getting to play a nature photographer.


You can spot these guys flying around Australia in the wild, I have seen them countless times throughout my trip. Is it weird that I find them super creepy? I think that Disney movie/book had more of an effect on me than I thought. 


Coolest guys in the world!!!!!! I could not stop taking pictures of them, so I pretty much have like 50 pics of just these teddy bears enjoying their time. 

Dingos

 The tasmanian devil. You know? That angry, spinning tornado from Looney Tunes? Téa didn't know what it was, but I hope y'all do. Doesn't really look like the cartoon one, if I'm being completely honest. 



 My manual skills set on trial. That lizard or whatever the heck it is, was not the least bit scared of humans. You literally had to step on it to get a reaction? 



My second favorite part of the day were this little rascals! Except some of them were FAR from little. The male ones were in fact HUGE! They had bigger biceps than a lot of my guy friends. And of course I'd just watched the Modern Family episode where they go to Australia and Phil gets punched in the face by one, so I was a bit apprehensive when it started hopping towards me. Lol! 

(picture coming when my computer decides to work again and I come and add them) 
(Macbook Air, I'm so happy that I will be seeing you in less than two weeks.) 

No comments: