Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Whitsunday Islands

1st of my two trips here on Airlie Beach was an ocean rafting tour to Whitehaven beach and Whitehaven island. 
It has been said to be one of the most beautiful places in the world and I cannot do more than agree to that statement. Amazing! 


We started the day off by snorkeling for a bit on Hookah island I think it was called? I was kinda bored, but only because it was nothing compared to the Great Barrier Reefs, so I just pretty much floated around looking at the scenery above the surface instead. We did spot a turtle with Lisa (a girl from Netherlands whom I hanged out with), but decided to be nice and let everyone else know, Nd lost it by that time... Sad moment!


After the snorkeling we went on a little hike to the lookout point out over Whitsunday beach and it was mesmerizing. Just.wow. 


The last part of the trip was the South Beach of Whitehaven island. We got to eat a delicious lunch (YAY NO NOODLES) and to tan for a bit. 

All in all an amazing day 2 of my 3 continent birthday!!! Thanking myself for letting my inner Scrooge do this because it was SO worth it. 

I'm so nervous for tomorrow... Whiiii! Can you guess what it is I will be doing tomorrow?! 

No comments: